Verna Penn Moll is an author who was born in the Virgin Islands where she also currently lives. Verna’s first novel, JOHNNY CAKE COUNTRY, found her living in the UK, as a free-lance writer and researcher in Caribbean history, folklore, and bibliography, in 1990.
By 2004, she was back in the Virgin Islands and was appointed Chief Archivist and Records Management Officer.
Find out more about Verna here.
Poem of The Moment
Spring comes with its lengthening days
Enticing the earth to receive
And share rain with seedling’s sprout!
We stand amazed as buds unfold
And young of animals leap out.
We fall in love with love again,
Agree to every noble thing,
Take in beauty earth unfurls
And bathe ourselves with cleansing vows
In founts of youth, in shaded bowers.
Spring leaves the crusty past behind,
Stripping away what is unkind
And leads to paths where light shines;
Inspires birth’s delivery
Of thought, ideas of clarity.
We honour Spring, surrendering
To soil that keeps and nourishes
Fruitful seeds of imagining:
New life, new hope, perspectives,
Our innate possibilities.
Copyright © 2021 Verna Penn Moll
For more poems Click Here
(Some beautiful images of Spring from Pixabay)
Books by Verna Penn Moll
- Methodism: 200 Years Of Witness, 1810-2010
- Snapshots of the Past: Selections From the Old Pictures Exhibition, 2007
- St Kitts and Nevis: World Bibliographical Series
- Virgin Islands: World Bibliographical Series
Hymns By Verna Penn Moll
- Before the Cross of Calvary
- For Every Blade Of Bright Green Grass (4 Verses)
- I Am Shaking – Kristin Frazer (3 Verses)
- I’m Made In The Likeness Of God (3 verses)
- Lead Us Father Gently
- Scattered Yet Together, Sung By Kristin Frazer (6 verses)
New Poems By Verna Penn Moll